Saturday, August 1, 2009

I am Sorry

I apologize for the people who claim to be Christians and have wronged you. Who have wronged the world over time. I apologize for the Crusades, for Columbus and genocides he committed in the Bahamas in the name of God. I apologize for the people who come to you as a follower of Christ and cast judgment upon you where it is not their place. I apologize for the Christians who look at you and write you off as a lost cause. I apologize for the missionaries who landed in Mexico and came up through the west slaughtering Indians in the name of Christ. I apologize for the government using God as a tool to get people to follow them. I am sorry for all of this. They throw the real God out the window and live their own life possibly ruining yours and changing your view on God. Jesus said to feed the poor and heal the sick. I have never done very much about that. Jesus said to love those who prosecute me. I tend to lash out, especially if I feel threatened, you know, if my ego gets threatened. Jesus did not mix His spirituality with politics. I grew up doing that. It got in the way of the central message of Christ. I know that was wrong, I know that a lot of people wont listen to the words of Christ because people like me, who know Him, carry our own agendas into the conversation rather than just relaying the message Christ wanted to get across. Most importantly I apologize for my own actions as part of the Body of Christ. I know I didn't do those things, and you're right they aren't my fault, but as being part of the Body of Christ, I hold responsibility to apologize on our behalf. They did those things claiming to be part of the Body of Christ. It is my place to apologize for their and my actions that so immensely wronged you. So I apologize for my hate, lust, lying, hypocrisy, and so many others I didn't mention. I love you & so does He.

No comments:

Post a Comment